Hello, Centennial fam! Here’s what we were up to in the heat of the upcoming fall semester. It’s bittersweet to say bye to a wonderful summer, but we can’t wait to see our campuses full again. Here’s what we did in August:
Our provincial advocates went to Thunder Bay to attend the Quarterly Meeting of Ontario Student Voices (OSV). There, we discussed and voted on provincial advocacy priorities. Our delegates and board members heard from you what are the biggest issues faced at the provincial level so that we can advocate for better conditions. This year’s top five advocacy priorities were:
- International Student Supports
- Food insecurity
- Mental health
Teaming up with the CALCS Health and Wellness team, we organized a series of open-table activities. These included discussions about our association’s work, along with some delightful puppy therapy! It served as a fantastic opportunity for board members and staff to connect with Centennial students.
Getting ready for the Fall semester of 2023!
Fall is here! And we are ready for it. If you were around any of the campuses at the end of August, you probably saw some of the board members and the CCSAI team at the campus orientations. We were all around, connecting with students and getting to know the new faces we were so excited to represent. We welcome you to a life of opportunities at Centennial and of course, at your Student Association.
CCSAI goes to The Argos
The Argonauts game was such an enjoyable experience! A few of us, board members, joined students to have a wonderful Friday Night Light! And the results? Calgary Stampeders couldn’t stampede the winning streak of Toronto Argonauts!
1. The Special General meeting and Townhall is happening on Tuesday, September 26. Block your calendars and get ready to learn more about what your Student Board and how you could contribute towards being the voice of students. Register for in-person attendance.
- Location: Progress campus, Fireside Gallery or via zoom
- Timing: 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
2. CCSAI x Blue Jays: Join CCSAI and CCAA on Thursday, September 14th as we head to the Rogers Centre for the Toronto Blue Jays’ College & University Night! Buy your tickets.