Nominations for the 24/25 Board of Directors Open Mon. Jan. 15, 2024!
Elections for the 2024/2025 Board of Directors are getting started! Tap the button below to learn more how to join the Board of Directors.
Shape the Future of Centennial College
Join the Student Board of Directors!
Your chance to make an impact on the college experience is here! The Centennial College Student Association Incorporated (CCSAI) is gearing up for the 2024/2025 Student Board of Directors elections, and we invite you to be a part of this exciting opportunity! Whether you choose to run for a position or make an informed vote on March 21 and 22, your student voice matters.
What is the Student Board of Directors?
The CCSAI Student Board of Directors consists of elected and appointed student leaders who passionately represent the diverse voices of Centennial students. This dynamic team plays a pivotal role in shaping the student experience, advocating for student needs, and influencing decision-making processes across all campuses.
Roles & Responsibilites
As a member of the Student Board of Directors, you will have the chance to:
- Meet with College Executive members to represent the student voice at Centennial.
- Engage with fellow students to understand their needs.
- Represent student interests on college committees and the College Council
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors & CCSAI team members to support students.
- Advocate and work on issues impacting students in collaboration with municipal and provincial advocacy groups and government officials.
Available roles on the 2024/2025 Board of Directors include:
Vice President, Ashtonbee
Vice President, Downsview
Vice President, Morningside
Vice President, Progress
Vice President, Story Arts Centre
To learn more about Student Governance at Centennial College, click here.
Elections Information Session
Attend the Information Session to
- Gain insights into the election process.
- Explore the roles & responsibilities of CCSAI Board members.
- Discover the incredible benefits and opportunities that come with joining the board.
Missed the first information session?
Reasons YOU should Join the Board of Directors
Jumpstart your career and elevate your college experience with the ultimate professional development experience. You will gain valuable insights into how student associations function and learn how municipal and provincial advocacy sparks meaningful change.
Here’s why you should consider this exciting role:
- This is a Unique Opportunity: A position on the Board provides an in-depth look into the inner workings of student associations, setting you ahead with unique professional advocacy experience.
- Influence Decision Impacting Students: Gain a seat at the CCSAI’s decision-making table, allowing you to provide your valuable insight into all of our functions.
- Professional Development and Networking: You will participate in a series of professional training courses and earn new accreditations. You can also engage in incredible networking opportunities with executives, government officials, and students, and collaborate with other Ontario colleagues.
- Be a Voice for Centennial College Students: Represent and amplify the voices of all Centennial College students and be a part of shaping the college’s future.
- Gain Incredible Leadership Experience: Expand your career opportunities with unique and high-level leadership experience in governance and advocacy.
How to Join the Board
Ready to take the next step? Follow the steps below to submit your application form.
Submit your application before the Pre-Check deadline on January 31, 2024, at 4:00 PM and the Elections Coordinator will review your application and provide feedback ahead of the final deadline. Submitting your application before the Pre-Check Deadline is entirely optional.
The final deadline to complete and submit your nomination package is February 7th, 2024 at 4:00 PM.
Review the Role Description and Select a Role
You can only apply for a Vice President position at the campus you are enrolled at. Check out the Vice President Role Description here.
Confirm that you’re Eligible
Key Eligibility Requirements:
- Be a full-time student at Centennial College, registered in a college-approved minimum number of courses related to full-time status
- Be 18 years of age at the time of taking office
- Have attained a GPA of at least 3.00 in their most recently completed academic semester.
(Exceptions apply for first-semester students)
- Be able to attend all full board meetings and other meetings as scheduled;
- Be able to work a minimum of 15 hours a week for the length of their term during the regular business hours of the Association (Monday – Friday), and evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Meet the additional Eligibility requirements outlined in the Role Description
Complete The Nomination Package
It’s mostly all online, but you’ll need to collect physical signatures and upload them to your application. Be sure to read the application and job description thoroughly and check out the Nominations Checklist we’ve provided below. If you don’t have all the information on hand, don’t worry. There is a save and continue function so that you can come back and complete your form at another time.
The application form will be available from January 15, 2024, from 9:00 AM EST to February 7, 2024, at 4:00 pm EST.
Wait and Get Ready to Campaign
Our Elections team will confirm your eligibility and review your nomination package. Once confirmed, you’ll be invited to attend an All Candidates meeting on February 9th, 2024.
While you wait we encourage you to get ready to campaign. Outline your strategy, prepare your campaign materials, and review the Elections Policy. Keep in mind you cannot begin campaigning until March 4th, 2024, at 9:00 AM, but don’t let that stop you from getting ready on your own.
Take a moment to review CCSAI’s By-Laws, Election Policies and other Election Campaign Resources
Before you start the nomination form you may want to be sure to have the following items on hand:
- Your complete contact information including email, full address, and phone number
- A personal statement of qualification outlining your suitability for the position
- Personal Campaign Slogan
- Nominations Signature Package
Nominations OPEN – January 15th at 9:00AM
Nominations PRE-CHECK Deadline – January 31st at 4:00PM
Nominations CLOSE – February 7th at 4:00PM
President Vote of Confidence Presentation – Week of February 6th (TBD)
All Candidates Meeting – February 9th
Candidate Media Days – February 20th-23rd
Campaigning OPENS – March 4th at 9:00AM
All Candidates Forum – Week of March 11th-15th (TBD)
Online Voting OPENS – March 21st at 8:00AM
Online Voting CLOSES – March 22nd at 8:00PM
Campaigning CLOSES – March 22nd at 8:00PM
Deadline to Release Election Results (if no violations are being reviewed) – March 26th HOLD for Emergency Board Meeting, March 25th, 26th, 27th or 28th
Deadline to Release Election Results (if there is a review of violations) – Five (5) business days after the review of violations
Deadline to submit campaign expenses (5 business days from close of polls) – March 29th by 4:00PM
First Class – Week of April 22nd (3 days – TBD)
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? CONTACT US AT [email protected].