Transforming The Future
How would you change Centennial College with $100,000?
Every year we pledge up to $100,000 to support to transform the future of Centennial College. All you have to do is put together a proposal for an initiative that you feel will make a difference for years to come. We review all of the submissions and fund the very best ideas. The opportunity is open to all Centennial College students, faculty, and staff.
The funded initiatives of last term included the acquisition of energy/nap pods, Sonocent note-taking software, trug gardens, lockable charging stations, and a patio refresh at the Ashtonbee Student Centre.
The Centennial College community amazed us again earlier this year with a number of fantastic proposals, each of which is designed to positively impact the student experience at Centennial now and for years to come. While it isn’t possible to fund all of your ideas, we are pleased to announce that the Centennial College Student Association will be funding four initiatives that promise to be great additions to the community.
The summer term 2018 winners are:
- Self-serving laptop loan unit at the Progress campus library will give students access to laptops when the library is closed. It’s a machine which deploys laptops via a touch screen interface. Now whenever you need to use a laptop you’ll have access to one.
- “Take a book; leave a book” boxes will be stocked with donated books and will offer the college community access to free books 24 hours a day, seven days a week, no membership required. Each box will have a particular social justice focus as well.
- Two EPSON laser projector rigging frames will give the College’s Audio Video Department more freedom to deliver great shows like Convocation ceremonies and other important functions at different college locations.
- Recycled plastic commercial seating for the Story Arts Centre courtyard will come complete with umbrellas so students can sit outside in the fresh air between classes, eat lunch, or just relax in an inviting student-oriented space.
You can submit your proposal online below for this next round of Transforming the Future funding. The deadline to do so is November 16th. It is an open format proposal, but each submission must include:
- An anticipated project budget including any anticipated ongoing maintenance costs and any other funding sources secured or required.
- An anticipated timeline.
- A detailed roll-out plan including promotional plans.
- An exploration of the impact that the project will have on the college community with particular attention to the impact on students
Following a vetting process for feasibility, all selected proposals are submitted to the CCSAI Board of Directors for their review and final decision. Applicants will be invited to present their proposals to the Board as required.
Submissions due: November 16th
Please note that not all winning projects will be funded in full, the CCSAI Board of Directors reserves the right to allocate funding in a manner that can enable the broadest positive impact possible.