Centennial College Student Association Inc

To qualify for this fund, students must elect to complete the fall 2017 semester (extended to end January 12, 2018). Students who opt for the Fall Semester Withdrawal and Tuition Refund do not qualify.

You are only allowed to make one claim per student, per semester. You should hold on to your receipts until all your costs have been incurred and file them all together.

Are you eligible?

This Student Strike Relief Fund is for full-time students only. 

Eligible expenses for the fund are incremental expenses incurred due to the extended fall 2017 academic semester with receipts dated between December 18-22, and January 2-12 to a maximum overall total of $500. Please only identify the unexpected additional expenses that you have incurred due to the fall academic semester extending in to January.

How do you apply?

Student must complete the application form and include supporting documentation as evidence of the additional costs. In order to make a claim, you must be able to submit supporting. The College will only consider documents submitted through the online application form in the assessment of your claim. Documents submitted after the fact may not be considered.

DEADLINE: Friday, May 4, 2018.

Students withdrawing are not eligible to apply for the relief fund.

What is proof of incremental expenses?

* • Living Expenses: Proof of extended rent or lease agreement and receipt for additional rent/lease payment, receipts for living expenses etc.

* • Child Care: Proof of child care, receipts required and proof of children 11 years of age and under, children 12 years of age and older who have a disability (child’s birth certificate or child’s statement of live birth)
* • Transportation: Please submit receipts for passes, Presto card activity, or driving kilometres travelled per day information/google maps etc.
* • Other Expenses: Paid academic tutoring, or private counseling for example.

Will this impact your OSAP or Second Career funding?

The financial assistance that students receive from this fund will not impact OSAP or Second Career funding or eligibility.

How will you be reimbursed?

All other refunds will be issued:
* • Added to my Student account (no cheque issued)
* • By cheque, mailed to your permanent mailing address based on your myCentennial address information (Please ensure your permanent mailing address on myCentennial is up-to-date).

Can you appeal the decision?

If your application for reimbursement is denied, or if the amount of relief you received is less than $500 and you disagree with the amount of relief you were given, you can appeal the College’s decision. You must appeal within fourteen (14) days after the College’s decision is issued. You must submit your appeal in writing to Centennial College, Enrolment Services. The appeal deadline is June 30, 2018.

Inquiries can be directed to [email protected].

The Fund Submission Guidelines are listed here: