If you’re anything like me, sometimes bananas end up sitting on the counter so long that they start to get dark and over ripe, but don’t get rid of those bananas just yet because you can make banana bread with them! Over ripe bananas are the best for making banana bread, and having banana bread sitting on your counter over the holidays is so much better than over ripe bananas.
Here’s my go-to banana bread recipe:
3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup of butter, softened
1 cup of brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
– Preheat oven to 350*F
– In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar together until creamed
– add in whisked egg and add bananas and vanilla
– add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon
– fold chocolate chips into the batter (optional)
– grease a loaf pan (or cover it with parchment paper)
– pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for at least 30 minutes*
*Baking time may vary, to check if your banana bread is ready you can poke/insert a toothpick in and if it comes out clean, it’s ready
You can customize this recipe by adding your choice of nuts instead of chocolate chips!
Enjoy having some banana bread at home for the holidays! When you eat a slice, warm it up for a few seconds in the microwave – it makes it so much better!