Mission and Values
The Athletic and Wellness Centre exists to promote a healthy and active lifestyle for students at Centennial College, employees of the college and members of the neighbourhood.
Mission and Values:
- To make it possible for every student to have the best of times at Centennial College by offering excellent services and events.
- Customers will visit us the first time for our services. They’ll stick around because of our place but they’ll return again and again because of our people.
- Our services are helpful, are needed, are easy to use, are available, are fun and are fulfilling.
- Our place is clean, it’s warm, it’s open, it’s inviting, it’s well stocked, its pathways are clear, it’s bright and it’s theirs.
- Our people are friendly, are helpful, are polite, are knowledgable, are personable, are passionate, are resourceful, are positive, are considerate, are genuine, are involved and are welcoming.
- Own it anticipate needs, put effort behind your tasks, stay with a customer until the answer is found.
- Educate yourself about our products, services and events.
- Create pleasant surprises, hold the door open for customers, make eye contact, learn names and smile regularly.
- Listen to understand, be a team player, be approachable, use positive body language and give the customer your full attention.
- Seek to improve, encourage feedback, try new things, don’t be afraid to fail.
- Learn about other areas of the organization, don’t cut corners, even if you think the customer won’t see it.
- Leave a legacy ensure your customer is the number one priority, become involved in the college community, think of how your actions affect others, be proud of the work you do for customers.
For AWC Guest Services, contact:
(416) 289-5000 ext. 3511 / 3512 / 3521
The Centennial College Student Association Inc. is pleased to have partnered with industry leaders in the design, construction and stocking of the Athletic and Wellness Centre.
The CCSAI first worked with Kongats Architects in the 1990s with the design and build of the award-winning Student Centre at Progress Campus. Known for their elegant mix of forward-thinking yet timeless design, Kongats Architects have proven themselves as first-class partners in the AWC design and construction.
Buttcon has been in business since 1979 and provided construction management for the AWC. Their reputation for quality work is evident throughout the AWC.
You may have noticed the fitness equipment throughout the AWC is top-notch. We partnered with Life Fitness for many reasons but two are their equipment is of top quality and features state-of-the-art features.
But What Will I Wear?
Please wear proper gym attire and non-marking sport shoes. So that means comfortable, breathable clothes that you can workout and move in. If you’re dressed in the right clothing exercising can be that much easier!
What Not to Wear:
Please don’t wear any jeans, sandals, skirts, dress clothing or baggy clothing that you could trip over. It’s important to wear clothing that is safe and will help you perform your best.