|Job title||Payroll & HR Administrator (Part-time)|
|Reports to||Executive Director/CEO & Manager, HR & Finance|
|Work Term||20-24 hours per week, 14-month contract Maternity Leave (November 12, 2019 – January 31, 2021)|
|Pay rate||$25.00 – $30.00 per hour|
The Payroll & HR Administrator is responsible for coordinating documents on behalf of the Manager, Finance & Human Resources. This position resides at Progress CCSAI office. The Payroll & HR Administrator will be required to work effectively and to foster cooperative relationships with student leaders as part of a student focused organization.
Hours of work: 20-24 hours per week (four days a week) to be scheduled by the manager and/or the Executive Director/CEO
Duties and responsibilities
- Completes full cycle recruitment functions including: creation of job postings, prescreening, performing references and background checks, before submitting them to management for further decisions
- Completes the hiring packages for any new employees
- Assists the department manager with new hire orientations and onboarding on an on-going basis
- Coordinates with managers to ensure timely completion of New Hire forms, policy sign offs, issue proper ID, setup related account etc.
- Prepares and arranges the full time employee group insurance such as adding, terminating, updating information, contract renewal, etc.
- Prepares and submits the college parking request for CCSAI employee annually or by semester for new request, termination, pass transfer and setup payroll deduction
- Generates employment contracts for all full-time, part-time, seasonal, casual, and temporary employees
- Scans and uploads HR documents & training certification on employee’s profile on Dayforce system
- Retrieves files and maintain employee’s records
- Processes the bi-weekly payroll for salaried and hourly employees; monthly honorarium for student board, ensuring accuracy, and in accordance with company policies and employment legislation
- Add, review, calculate and process all payroll additions, adjustments and compensation changes
- Assists Executive Director/CEO to calculate payroll for any overtime, lieu time, vacation balance, termination/severance pay, retiring allowance and retro pay adjustments that may apply
- Maintains and updates staff payroll record, ensure benefit deduction and contributions are kept current in payroll file on Dayforce
- Prepares Record of Employment documents to Service Canada in accordance with Federal legislation
- Reconciles, prepares and remits all payroll taxes, WSIB, garnishments, Employers Health Tax, and employee RRSP remittances
- Prepares, calculates and reconciles all year-end payroll adjustments, including taxable benefits and related adjustments
- Responsible for the preparation, reconciliation and remittance of the T4 preparation and summaries; and the EHT Annual Return
- Prepares and ensures the accurate reporting of all benefits, reimbursements and payroll journal entries for Accounting reconciliations
- Assists with year-end financial audits as required
- Maintains personal leave and vacation tracking system on Dayforce, in accordance with Provincial Legislation and internal policies
- Liaise with Managers to ensure timely submission of employees’ time and attendance records
- Answer all other payroll inquiries
- Answers enquiries from students, faculty and the general public in person and via e-mail
- Fully conversant with, and fully adheres to, the bylaws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the CCSAI and Centennial College
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Finance & HR and/or the Executive Director/CEO
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Human Resource Management, Payroll Compliance Practitioner, Accounting, or a relevant discipline
Skills & Abilities:
- 2-4 years experience on payroll
- Mush have experience working on Ceridian Dayforce Management System in the role of Payroll Administrator or higher
- Experience working on SAGE 300
- Demonstrated knowledge of database and spreadsheet software, MAC computer and Outlook
- Ability to maintain strict standards of confidentiality and deal with sensitive information
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proactive and effective client service orientation
- Demonstrated flexibility and initiative with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
Self-motivated with good organizational skills to efficiently manage workload and deal effectively with multiple demands
All qualified and interested applicants should apply online here. Competition closes October 22, 2019 at 4:00 P.M..
We thank everyone for applying, but please note that only those selected for interview will be notified.
To apply for this job please visit ccsai.ca.