|Job title||Events Coordinator|
|Reports to||Manager, Communications & Events|
|Supervises||Part-Time Event Team, Event Volunteers|
The Events Coordinator works with a team of professional staff that support the student leadership and goals of the organization. The Events Coordinator is responsible for planning, developing and executing special events on campus that support the CCSAI student body. In addition, the Coordinator is a support to the Engagement Coordinator managing all aspects of the student clubs program and the volunteer program.
This position requires the incumbent to work effectively with, and to foster cooperative relationships, with student leaders as part of a student focused organization.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., with frequent evening and weekend work.
Maintains a regular rotation of campus visits, with a minimum of one full day a week at each of the campuses.
Duties and Responsibilities
Events & Activities
- Establishes and implements new activities and events
- Organizes established events and activities (ie. talent show, pub night, multicultural nights, nooners, orientation, Centennial Welcomes)
- Manages requests for all student academic sanctioned events and facilitates events which includes liaising with the College, booking space and coordinating event details (ie. police games, class projects etc.,)
- Works with the Event Liaison and vice presidents to ensure diverse offerings of events and activities at every campus
- Provides pertinent details of all events to communications staff and assists in the delivery of event advertising material for inclusion in all CCSAI media
- Liaises with communications staff regarding the delivery of promotional information for all CCSAI programs to enhance the involvement of students
- On site coordination of events
- Creates/files reports for evaluation and historical purposes after all events
- With Manager, negotiates with agencies, performers and technical equipment suppliers
- Assists Manager with risk assessment/management for all events
- Monitors assigned budgets and works with the Manager, Communications & Events to ensure fiscally responsible cost management
Sponsorship & Partnerships
- In collaboration with the Engagement Coordinator and the Manager, Events & Communications, develops the annual sponsorship/partnership program
- Acts as the main contact and negotiates all sponsorship/partnership contracts
- Works with the communications team and facilities team to fulfill all aspects of the sponsorship/partnership contracts
- Maintains and cultivates partner relationships
- Represents the CCSAI provincially and nationally with COCA (Canadian Organization of Campus Activities)
- Fully conversant with, and fully adheres to, the bylaws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the CCSAI
- Attends staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Communications & Events and/or Executive Director
- Post-secondary education in a field related to Special Events and/or Marketing or equivalent experience
- 2 – 3 years related experience particularly in a special events environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively program a year-long special events calendar in a student focused environment
- Experience working with students and volunteers and managing, supervising and orientating people for events
- Experience in planning and implementing events including expertise in attracting sponsorship
- Sound knowledge of Mac OS, Office Suite
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker with strong marketing skills.
- Strong initiative and customer service orientation
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated high energy level and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and to perform effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to consistently exercise good judgement
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with a variety of stakeholders
Interested applicants should send a resume to Brad Beamish at BBeamish@centennialcollege.ca by 3 p.m. on Friday, June 22nd, 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org